16 January 2011

Welcome!

Hi there and welcome to The GrandPrix Blog! TGPB was originally conceptualized in early 2010 after I, Paul Grainger, a passionate F1 fan and amateur journalist, found it frustrating having to traverse the countless online F1 publications to find the stories free from jargon, waffling, bullshit, nonsense and time wasting rubbish that many have become known for. In others words, to find the ones I and others actually wanted to read! A year later TGPB has turned from a concept into a reality and now allows you the reader to keep up to date with the news that really matters; all in one place!

I’ve spent over half my life passionately following Formula 1. I check dozens of online publications every day and filter out the crap to pass it on to you here at TGPB in my own unique style. I’ve watched every F1 Grand Prix live for longer than I can remember, either trackside or on TV, and have been an avid subscriber to many F1 print publications for a similarly lengthy period of time. Having also competed in amateur motorsport myself for a number of years, I understand firsthand the stresses a modern day race car driver has to endure; to some extent anyway!

I have a no nonsense, no bullshit attitude towards F1 journalism and life in general, ensuring you get a quality, worthwhile and enjoyable read every time you log onto TGPB.com. I hope you enjoy what I have to say and I thank you for taking the time to log on. See you soon!